No football? No basketball? No problem.

As I sit here at 12:40 in the morning, I think about the NBA and NFL Lockouts. The NBA Lockout is technically still *pending*, but it’s gonna happen one way or the other. The NFL Lockout situation looks ok; both sides seem to be doing well negotiating their issues including the rookie wage scale, the length of schedule, and how to split the damn $9 billion. Just thinking about all that money makes me bite my fingers as I try to stay awake writing this…

At first, I’d be hard to live without the NFL or NBA, even if it was only for one season. I think all NFL/NBA fans definitely need to come up with back-up plans for these lockouts, just in case they go deep into their respective seasons. So, instead of watching the NFL, I can watch the MLB instead, specifically the New York Mets. Yes, I know what you’r gonna say, they suck, whatever. They’re not that bad this year! Jose’s really carrying them, and him being healthy the whole year has made it fun to watch them again! In addition, I can focus more on my studies and my schoolwork, as I am now going into my sophomore year in high school.

However, the NBA situation is a bit different. You see, from November to February I play for my HS’s basketball team. So, I’ll need to devote my time to that as well as my schoolwork. I’d spend a combined 80% on those 2 things, and save the other 20% for a social life :). By the way, the sports blogging counts as schoolwork, so I’ll be spending lots of time on that.

I can live without the NFL or NBA, but I don’t wanna have to.

So please, Goodell and Stern, shut up, let the players play, let the coaches coach, and lets get a deal done!

About footballnutz17

Hello! I'm just a guy who loves to write about sports. E-Mail me or comment on my blog to chat with me.

Posted on June 28, 2011, in Pro Basketball, Pro Football and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. 5 Comments.

  1. The way I see it, if there’s no NFL, I’ll haev to get into college for a change. I heard that the Pac 10 is planning on scheduling their games on Sunday if there is a lockout.

    There’s always the NHL!

    • footballnutz17

      Pac-10 on Sundays? Don’t normally watch college f-ball, so that wouldn’t be too bad, college football on BOTH sat. and sun.

      Thanks for reading dude

  2. I hope they figure it out. I have no idea what I’ll do with myself. I guess maybe work harder!?! I couldn’t even write that without laughing…

  3. When I think of lockouts I think of greedy owners trying to get over on the players. Give me my NBA and NFL

  4. I have nothing to say once again about these lockouts other than GET IT DONE ALREADY!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: