Rams Trade No. 2 Pick to Redskins
Yesterday, it was reported that the Rams had traded their No.2 overall pick to the Redskins. The news came out around 8 o’Clock last night. In exchange for the No 2 pick in the 2012 Draft, the Redskins are sending their 1st rRounders for 2012, 2013, and 2014. In addition, the Rams get the 2nd Round pick currently held by the Redskins (39th) in this year’s draft.
[Related: Redskins get No.2 pick]
This trade will draw different opinions from around the league. Personally, I think the Rams cashed-in on their chance with this No.2 pick.
- They’ve already got a future QB in Sam Bradford
- There was no point in selecting RGIII or Andrew Luck
- If you pick one of those two^^ and trade them, you’ll get much less value
- So, they cashed in by getting a 1st Rounder every year for the next 3
- Desperately need a QB right now, it’s their main weak spot
- Haven’t had many good QBs recently, maybe with RGIII they have a chance?
- RGIII will bring the fans to the stadium, we all know that
- They can build around RGIII, just like you build around a PG in basketball
- However, they had to give up a lot in order to get this pick; in fact, I think they gave up more than they needed to
So, what’s your take on this deal?
Posted on March 10, 2012, in Pro Football and tagged Andrew Luck, ESPN, Football, Quarterback, Robert Griffin III, Sam Bradford, Sports, St. Louis Rams, Washington Redskins. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.